Today in our section of recipes EVOO Spiritu_Santo, we bring you an appetite healthy and very colorful, “Beet Hummus”.
The hummus is a totally organic and vegan mashed, whose main ingredients are chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, sesame seed paste (tahini) and extra virgin olive oil. We’ve added half fresh beet, which contains phenol compounds, such as flavonoids. These compounds provide a beet a great antioxidant power, even when cooked.
With this recipe you will obtain a different starter, where the flavors are mixed and confused as the colors; gold, purple and a touch of our EVOO Cortijo Spiritu_Santo not leave anyone indifferent
- -Half fresh beet.
- -1 can chickpeas
- -Juice of 1 lemon
- -1 clove garlic
- -1 teaspoon ground cumin
- * 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- -sesame seeds or flax to decorate
- -salt to taste
- - Extra virgin olive oil Cortijo Spiritu_Santo
- Chopped in the bowl all ingredients together until it look like a cream; beets, garlic, chickpeas, lemon
- juice, the tahini, cumin, salt and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Once ready present in a bowl with sesame seeds or flax decorating and a dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Cortijo Spiritu_Santo to give extra flavour to this hummus.
- * The tahina tahini or sesame paste is widely used in Middle Eastern cuisine. You can buy made in the
- international section of the supermarket, but if we do not find it easy to make, since it is basically
- roasted and ground sesame with a liquid medium which is usually oil or water. The tahini paste or sauce
- can be, depending on how thick it is. To make homemade tahini need;
- 2 tbsp. sesame seed
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 1 tbsp. of water
- Toast the sesame seeds in an empty pan (with nothing but the seeds). Do not separate them, there is
- little time, about 3-4 minutes, until golden and begin to see largar aroma. Pass them immediately to a
- mortar and grind, grind very fast. But you can use a food processor, once ground, add extra virgin olive
- oil Cortijo Spiritu_Santo and water and stir until blended.
Beet Hummus with EVOO Spiritu_Santo