FARMHOUSE, A HOUSE WITH HISTORY…
The farmhouse is a construction from the XVII century. This farmhouse which dates back to the year 1740 was known as “Fuente de la Teja” but in January of the said year its owner doña María de Raya y Pareja died and on the 20th day of the said year her will was read out, which read as follows:
“…..I order a farmhouse with its tiled roof, meadow, cattle shed and lands at the place of Fuente de la Texa, at the periphery of this city, as a legacy and in accordance with the best form of the law at Convento del Santi Espíritu of this city so that it can be maintained with all decency and worship, which we bought from don Sevastian Francisco de Texada and doña Magdalena Josefa de Mora y Molina….. with five small plots of land adjoining the said farmhouse… and an olive tree in the said – Fuente de la Texa at the side of the road that goes from villa de Cazorla… .“
From this time, the farmhouse came to be called as it is today, Cortijo Espíritu Santo and has above its doorway the crest of the Canons Regular of the Santi Spiritus Hospital Order to which it owes its name.
The house has been refurbished, while seeking to maintain its structure as far as possible. The farmhouse has a wide, closed patio, where you can take a coffee in the sun in the middle of the afternoon and your children can play safely. It is equipped with garden furniture.
- Lounge area equipped with a chimney and a TV.
- Storage room for leaving boots, sticks… .
- Bodega for tasting good wine.
- Two complete bathrooms.
- Kitchen with wood-burning stove with direct access to the patio.
- Laundry equipped with washing machine and sink.
- Master bedroom with 135 cm bed.
- Children’s bedroom. Large bedroom equipped with 3 bunk beds, cabinets and playing area.
- Bedroom with two individual 90 cm beds and wardrobe.
- Bedroom with two individual 105 cm beds and wardrobe.
- Bedroom with 135 cm master bed.
- The turret, former pigeon loft located in another upper floor:
- Bedroom with two individual 90 cm beds.
- The henhouse: this is located outside of the building adjoining the walls of the farmhouse. You can gather eggs from the chickens during your stay in the farmhouse.
The olive mill.
Field of olive trees.
INFORMATION AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bedroom linen and towels
- Cleaning before your departure (optional). If you leave the house in the condition you found it in, you will not have to pay for the cleaning service. Otherwise, you will have to pay €100 for this service.
- OPTIONAL SERVICES
- The midday meal can be ordered with prior notice. You can taste typical foods of the region and participate during their preparation. (Check prices).
- BATHROOM EQUIPMENT
- Washbasin, bath tub, WC, bidet, heater.
- KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
- 1 single sink, dishwasher, microwave, oven glass ceramic hob, gas stove with oven, fridge, crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils and cleaning and ironing utensils.
- GENERAL EQUIPMENT
- All of the bedrooms have electrical heaters. The lounge area heating comes from the chimney and a heater. The kitchen heating comes from the wood-burning stove.
- GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS OF USE
– Pets are not allowed.
– It is prohibited to smoke inside of the house.
– Caution should be taken with the wood-burning stove and the chimney; remove nearby items for the night.
– The laundry may only be used during stays greater than 3 days.